By some miracle, we have reached holiday season once again. Holiday celebrations, at least in my family, usually bring along some awkward small talk with it. My sister, Sophie, and I have joined forces to bring you our favorite ways to avoid awkward topics and lulls in conversation during the holiday season.
The Holiday Itself
- Favorite holiday food and/or dessert
- Holiday movies
- Tree decorations/lights
- Holiday weather (or lack thereof – it’s 60 degrees in Chicago today)
- Holiday shopping/massive crowd/traffic
- Weirdest gift idea you saw/received
(More on the blog: How to Make Holiday Shopping Affordable)
- Pets/ recommendations for new pets
- Funny animal videos you’ve seen (or if the conversation is really bad, show them one of your videos
- Same as above, but with CUTE animal videos (clearly there’s a difference…)
- What you love/hate about school/work
- Funny co-student/co-worker stories
- Future plans
- If you could switch your career/major to something else, what would it be? Why?
- Best food you’ve eaten while at school/work?
(More on the blog: What I’m Looking Forward to About Senior Year)
- Places you’ve travelled over the last year
- New Years Resolutions/goals
- New/old hobbies/interests
- Anything you know A LOT about
How do you survive awkward conversation during the holidays?